1. CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST
Motivated individual needed for full-time / part-time client service specialist position. The position requires good client communication skills and good customer relationship skills. Candidate will be charismatic, a self-starter and a Team Player. Prior Customer Service / Sales experience required. Flexible hours are available. Friendly work environment and competitive pay.
Under general supervision and in accordance with established company policies and procedures; provide a variety of services related to income tax preparation. This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature; and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
- Greet all customers in a friendly yet professional manner; make customers feel welcome and comfortable.
- Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using tax software.
- Provides details to clients concerning appropriate company products and services.
- Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Checks the “hold” drawer daily and contacts clients for additional information, as necessary, to ensure accurate completion of tax returns.
- Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
- Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Monitors on-site client volume and advises supervisor when additional tax preparers are required.
- Maintain a positive image, and meet all customer service standards and productivity levels as set by the Office Supervisor.
- Maintain office image; keep work area neat and clean.
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution.
- Performs other duties as required.
High School Diploma / GED or equivalent related business experience. Some College Coursework preferred.
- Prior Customer Service / Sales experience required
- Previous experience in tax preparation and filing a plus but will train the right candidate
- Must complete the Maximum Tax training course
- Good communication and commitment to superior interpersonal and customer services skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Basic knowledge of computer functions required
- Ability to work flexible hours
LOCATIONS: CANTON, DEARBORN, DETROIT, HAZEL PARK, LINCOLN PARK , OAK PARK , MONROE, PONTIAC, REDFORD, RIVER ROUGE, SOUTHFIELD, SOUTHGATE TAYLOR, WARREN, WATERFORD, WESTLAND, YPSILANTI, LANSING, STERLING HEIGHTS
2. OFFICE MANAGER
Member of Finance team and reports to Director of Finance. Office Manager that will coordinate and manage office functions in the following areas: computerized A/R, A/P, payroll and administrative duties. The qualified candidate will possess proven bookkeeping experience and strong computer (MS Word, Excel) and customer service skills. Strong verbal/written communication, organizational and math skills’ attention to detail and the ability to work in a team environment are essential. Position includes supervising all office functions, performing computer system management, project management, and risk management activities.
- Working knowledge MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Customer relations communication skills
- Strong organization skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Accounting / Finance
- Management 5+ years
- Accounting / Bookeeping: 2+ years
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Prepare and post journal entries; assist with month end close
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
- Data entry for customer receipts; AR collection efforts including collection calls and emails
- Data entry for accounts payable; expense report audits; credit card reconciliation
- Bank reconciliations
- Filing, copying and any general finance department support as needed
$40,000.00 – $45,000.00 /year
Farmington Hills, MI