How the Affordable Care Act Affects You
On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. The law puts in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that will roll out over four years and beyond.
Benefits of the Affordable Care Act for Americans
- Improving Quality and Lowering Healthcare Costs
- Free preventive care
- Prescription discounts for seniors
- Protection against health care fraud
- Small Business Tax Credits
New Consumer Protections
- Pre-existing conditions
- Consumer Assistance
Access to Healthcare
- Health Insurance Marketplace.
Benefits for Women
- Providing insurance options
- Covering preventive services
- Lowering costs
Young Adult Coverage
- Coverage available to children up to age 26
- Yearly Wellness Visit
- Many Free Preventive Services for some seniors with Medicare
Holding Insurance Companies Accountable
- Insurers must justify any premium increase of 10% or more before the rate takes effect
Timeline of Health Insurance Marketplace
- October – Open enrollment begins
- January – Coverage begins
- March – Open enrollment closes
- Future – All Americans have access to affordable health care.
Use the links below to learn about what’s changing and when:
Health Insurance Marketplace Is Now Open!
A new way to get affordable coverage launched on October 1st 2013. Answer a few questions to learn if you qualify for lower costs.